It's the hottest time of year and nothing feels better than nice, cold ice cream on a sunny day. There are more and more vegan ice cream recipes out there but are they healthy or super easy to make?
We have the solution! Below are our top 3 Plant-Based ice cream recipes that are also high in protein — an absolute MUST for this summer. Try them out and let us know what you think!
2 C frozen raspberries
1 scoop (about 3 Tbsp) AURA Unflavoured Plant Based Protein Powder
1 TSP vanilla extract
1/3 to 1/2 C unsweetened almond or oat milk
AURA Freeze-Dried Raspberries for topping (optional)
- In a blender, add the raspberries, protein powder, and vanilla extract.
- Blend, scraping down sides of bowl until raspberries have broken down into smaller pieces.
- Add 1/3 cup milk and pulse until smooth. If you’d like softer ice cream, add remaining milk and pulse to blend.
- Divide among bowls, top with freeze-dried raspberries and enjoy!
Photo reference by beamingbaker
1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk, separate the coconut cream from the water. (use just the cream)
1 scoop (about 3 tbsp.) AURA Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder
Coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- Add everything to a blender and process until smooth and combined.
- Add the ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for 4 – 6 hours.
- Every hour or so you'll need to take out the ice cream and mix by hand until it's done.
- When you're ready take the ice cream out of the freezer. Leave to defrost slightly for about 15 minutes or once it is soft enough to scoop.
- Place in bowls, top with coconut flakes and enjoy!
TAG @yourAURAnutrition IN YOUR BAKING/RECIPES!
We would love to share your success and inspire bakers everywhere!" to any/all of our baking recipes. In addition, we can add this to all our recipes and just change the word "baking" to "smoothie bowl creation/to inspire smoothie bowl creators everywhere!