Raspberry Banana Cinny Buns With The Best Cashew Icing
by Sarah Choi on Jul 31, 2020
Our foodie goddess @cleaneastbykarl created this AMAZING recipe.
What you will need for today's dough recipe:
1 C plant milk ⠀
3 TBSP vegan butter ⠀
1 packet instant yeast or 2 1/4 tsp ⠀
1 TBSP cane sugar⠀
1/4 TSP salt⠀
1/2 C mashed ripe banana⠀
3 – 3 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- Heat the plant milk in 30-seconds increments in the microwave to bathwater temperature.
- Add the butter and mix until it is melted.
- Add the sugar stir to mix and sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside to become a form for 10 minutes.
- Mash the banana and add it to the yeast mixture.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and salt and stir together until a ball forms. Knead adding flour if needed for 5ish minutes.
- Remove from bowl and spray bowl w/ cooking spray or oil then put back in.
- Cover w/ plastic and allow to rise in a warm spot for at least an hour.
3 TBSP melted Coconut oil⠀
3 TBSP unsweetened Apple sauce ⠀
1/4 C Cane sugar (or half cane, half coconut)⠀
1 TBSP Cinnamon⠀
Banana slices ⠀
- After an hour, roll out your dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread your filling mixture to the edges and add your Banana slices and Raspberries.
- Roll up and cut w/ serrated knife or floss.
- Place in your greased baking tin and set on top of the stove with plastic on top again and turn oven to 350°.
- They will rise again while it heats. Bake for 30—35 mins!⠀⠀
THE BEST PART AKA THE ICING:
(This made an obscene amount)
1 C cashews
1 C hot water
1 large can of pears in syrup
2 TSP vanilla extract
Dash of salt
- Soak cashews overnight or quick soak in a cup of hot/boiling water while the buns bake!
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender for eternity until smoothy smooth.
- Crush up AURA Freeze-Dried Raspberries on top of all the cinnamon buns to finish it off.
- Eat everything until it's gone!
TAG @yourAURAnutrition IN YOUR BAKING/RECIPES!
We would love to share your success and inspire bakers everywhere!" to any/all of our baking recipes. In addition, we can add this to all our recipes and just change the word "baking" to "smoothie bowl creation/to inspire smoothie bowl creators everywhere!